Welcome to LaunchCuts
LaunchCuts is a powerful, customizable, and elegant launcher for shortcuts on iOS.
- Folders: Organize your shortcuts into folders.
- Smart Folders: Display shortcuts based on multiple criteria, including tags, colors, icons, shortcut type, unfiled status, and accepted input types (e.g. Text, Images, Files, and Safari Web Pages).
- Sort: Sort your shortcuts by name, color, icon, size, or manually. Sort your folders by favorites, name, or manually.
- Adjustable Grid: See more (or less) shortcuts on screen for a given folder.
- Keyboard Shortcuts: Quickly navigate between your favorite folders and launch your most-used shortcuts.
- Custom Shortcut Actions: Control LaunchCuts from your own shortcuts.
- Enhanced Search: Find shortcuts faster with wildcard searches.
- iCloud Sync: Sync your folders between all of your iCloud-connected devices.
- Multiple Windows: Create multiple instances of LaunchCuts using Split View and Slide Over on iPadOS.
- Today Widget: Access your folders and shortcuts from the Shortcuts Today widget using the LaunchCuts Today shortcut.
- Share Sheet: Use LaunchCuts from the iOS Share Sheet with the LaunchCuts Share shortcut.
- Bright Icons: Bring back the colorful icons from iOS 12.
LaunchCuts is for both casual users who want better organization of their shortcuts and for power users who have gone all-in on shortcuts but have been wanting more out of the Shortcuts application.
Once you start using LaunchCuts, you will not want to go back to the stock Shortcuts app for launching and organizing your shortcut collection!
“If you’re a Shortcuts power user, you need LaunchCuts on your Home screen.” - Federico Viticci, MacStories.net
Complete documentation is available for LaunchCuts here:
What’s New in LaunchCuts 1.3.x
New Features in 1.3.4
- Bug Fixes: open-folder URL scheme works when LaunchCuts is run from a terminated state.
New Features in 1.3.3
- Manage Folders: The Add to Folder shortcut context menu is now called Manage Folders. See and control which folders, manual (checkmark) and dynamic (bolt), a given shortcut belongs to.
- Updated UI: The Manage Folders and Quick Folder sheets now display folder icons and colors.
- URL Scheme: Added back the “open-folder” url scheme to open a LaunchCuts folder from a link. See documentation for more details.
- Bug Fixes: Quick Actions work properly when the Remember Last Folder setting is disabled.
New Features in 1.3.2
- Device-Specific Keyboard Shortcuts: Specify different keyboard commands for running shortcuts and opening folders on your various iOS devices.
- Filter Shortcuts Action Improvements: Preserves more folder settings if you are replacing an existing folder.
- Larger Touch Targets: The Shortcuts and Settings buttons on the tab bar are easier to tap on.
- Shortcuts-Inspired App Icon: From Robbie Grawey.
- Bug Fixes: Fixed bug preventing the saving of Quick Actions, Quick Shortcuts, and Quick Folders.
New Features in 1.3.1
- Mouse and Trackpad Support: UI elements react to the cursor when used on iOS 13.4.
- Focus on Search Field on Folder Open: Optionally focus on the search field when opening a folder.
- Accessibility Improvements: Support for Increase Contrast setting in iOS > Settings > Accessibility.
- Improved Tag Import: Whitespace is ignored in LaunchCutsTags comments in your shortcuts.
- Bug Fixes: Fixed crashing bugs when creating or editing a folder.
New Features in 1.3.0
- Manual Ordering of Shortcuts: Organize your shortcuts the way you want to on a per-folder basis.
- Action Menu: The new Action Menu places the Update Shortcuts, Open Shortcuts, and Create Shortcut actions under one menu. This helps preserve space in the navigation bar and prevents accidental pressing of actions that open the Shortcuts app.
- Custom Prompts: Customize the message used by the Launch Shortcut action when inputting the shortcut to run or its input (English only).
New Customization Options
- Separators: Create folder and shortcut separators to further distinguish your view of your folders and shortcuts.
- Hide Edit Buttons: Hide alternate edit/play button on shortcuts.
- Inline Titles: Display the folder title in the navigation bar to save even more space.
- New App Icons: Bronze, Silver, Gold, and Space Black.
- Documentation Link: A link to view LaunchCuts Documentation now appears at the top of the Settings screen.
Bug Fixes, Changes and Minor Improvements
- Shortcut names are listed using a semibold font to better match how they are displayed in the Shortcuts app.
- Added a Cancel button next to text input fields.
- Select All in Choose Icons screen now selects all visible icons.
- Removed Favorite toggle from Shortcuts View.
Learn what was new in the previous versions of LaunchCuts:
Previous Users of LaunchCuts
If you used LaunchCuts prior to version 1.1, please update to the latest version of the LaunchCuts Helper shortcut. There is a dramatically faster sync engine built into LaunchCuts 1.2 that requires the new LaunchCuts Helper. To update, go to Settings in LaunchCuts and tap LaunchCuts Helper.
System Requirements and Availability
LaunchCuts requires iOS 13.2 or higher. It also requires that the LaunchCuts Helper shortcut be installed on your iOS device.
LaunchCuts is available for purchase for $7.99 on the iOS App Store.
Want to try out LaunchCuts before you decide to purchase? Sign up for the TestFlight Public Beta below. The current beta will expire on May 29, 2020.
Join LaunchCuts TestFlight Public Beta
Club Shortcuts Mailing List
If you want to be notified of LaunchCuts updates and upcoming Shortcut-related products, sign up for my Club Shortcuts Mailing List.
Join the Club Shortcuts Mailing List
Reviews and Press
- MacStories: LaunchCuts Review: A Better Way to Organize Your Shortcuts with Folders, Advanced Search, and Custom Views
- 自动分类 + 键盘启动，LaunchCuts 让快捷指令更高效
- MacStories: My Must-Have Apps, 2019 Edition
- ThoughtAsylum - LaunchCuts Folder Set-up
- Tools & Toys
- MacSparky: LaunchCuts: A Power Tool for Shortcuts Users
- Cult of Mac: The best Shortcuts, Classic Mac, and glitch-video apps this week
- Automators #45: LaunchCuts, Feedback, and More!
- Connected #276: Symbiosis, Osmosis, Whatever
- AppStories #145: Shortcuts Utility Apps
Interested in covering or reviewing LaunchCuts? Download the LaunchCuts Press Kit here:
Adjustable Grid Size
Folders and Smart Folders
Quick Folders and Shortcuts
Work Side-by-Side with Shortcuts and LaunchCuts
Multi-Window Support on iPadOS