iOS 15 Compatibility: There is a bug in Shortcuts on iOS 15 that prevents syncing of your shortcut library from the Shortcuts to LaunchCuts. Until this bug is resolved by Apple (FB9585913), LaunchCuts will be unavailable to download from the App Store.
Welcome to LaunchCuts
LaunchCuts is a powerful, customizable, and elegant launcher for shortcuts on iOS.
- Folders: Organize your shortcuts into folders.
- Smart Folders: Display shortcuts based on multiple criteria, including tags, colors, icons, shortcut type, unfiled status, and accepted input types (e.g. Text, Images, Files, and Safari Web Pages).
- Sort: Sort your shortcuts by name, color, icon, size, or manually. Sort your folders by favorites, name, or manually.
- Adjustable Grid: See more (or less) shortcuts on screen for a given folder.
- Keyboard Shortcuts: Quickly navigate between your favorite folders and launch your most-used shortcuts.
- Custom Shortcut Actions: Control LaunchCuts from your own shortcuts.
- Enhanced Search: Find shortcuts faster with wildcard searches.
- iCloud Sync: Sync your folders between all of your iCloud-connected devices.
- Multiple Windows: Create multiple instances of LaunchCuts using Split View and Slide Over on iPadOS.
- Today Widget: Access your folders and shortcuts from the Shortcuts Today widget using the LaunchCuts Today shortcut.
- Share Sheet: Use LaunchCuts from the iOS Share Sheet with the LaunchCuts Share shortcut.
- Bright Icons: Bring back the colorful icons from iOS 12.
LaunchCuts is for both casual users who want better organization of their shortcuts and for power users who have gone all-in on shortcuts but have been wanting more out of the Shortcuts application.
Once you start using LaunchCuts, you will not want to go back to the stock Shortcuts app for launching and organizing your shortcut collection!
“If you’re a Shortcuts power user, you need LaunchCuts on your Home screen.” - Federico Viticci, MacStories.net
Complete documentation is available for LaunchCuts here:
What’s New in LaunchCuts 1.4.2
- Bug Fixes: Fixed bug preventing new tags from being added to a folder.
What’s New in LaunchCuts 1.4.1
- Add/Remove Excluded: Long-press on a shortcut to add or remove it from the Exclude from Reopening list.
- New Color Pack: Brighten your shortcut colors in advance of the next version of iOS.
- Bug Fixes: Pressing Return in the Edit Tags sheet will no longer jump to the end of the text.
What’s New in LaunchCuts 1.4.0
- Nested Folders: Organize your folders into sub-folders.
- Folder Search: Search for folders within the current folder.
- Double-tap Shortcuts: Return to the Folder list by double-tapping the Shortcuts tab bar button.
- Copy Folder Link: Copy an open-folder link to a folder to the clipboard.
- UI Improvements: Nicer display of folder icons and assorted interface tweaks.
- Performance: Improved performance in share sheets displaying shortcuts and icons.
Learn what was new in the previous versions of LaunchCuts:
Previous Users of LaunchCuts
If you used LaunchCuts prior to version 1.1, please update to the latest version of the LaunchCuts Helper shortcut. There is a dramatically faster sync engine built into LaunchCuts 1.2 that requires the new LaunchCuts Helper. To update, go to Settings in LaunchCuts and tap LaunchCuts Helper.
System Requirements and Availability
LaunchCuts requires iOS 13.2 or iOS 14 (a current bug in iOS 15 prevents LaunchCuts from working correctly). It also requires that the LaunchCuts Helper shortcut be installed on your iOS device.
LaunchCuts is available for purchase for $7.99 on the iOS App Store.
Club Shortcuts Mailing List
If you want to be notified of LaunchCuts updates and upcoming Shortcut-related products, sign up for my Club Shortcuts Mailing List.
Join the Club Shortcuts Mailing List
Reviews and Press
- MacStories: LaunchCuts Review: A Better Way to Organize Your Shortcuts with Folders, Advanced Search, and Custom Views
- 自动分类 + 键盘启动，LaunchCuts 让快捷指令更高效
- MacStories: My Must-Have Apps, 2019 Edition
- ThoughtAsylum - LaunchCuts Folder Set-up
- Tools & Toys
- MacSparky: LaunchCuts: A Power Tool for Shortcuts Users
- Cult of Mac: The best Shortcuts, Classic Mac, and glitch-video apps this week
- Automators #45: LaunchCuts, Feedback, and More!
- Connected #276: Symbiosis, Osmosis, Whatever
- AppStories #145: Shortcuts Utility Apps
Interested in covering or reviewing LaunchCuts? Download the LaunchCuts Press Kit here:
Adjustable Grid Size
Folders and Smart Folders
Quick Folders and Shortcuts
Work Side-by-Side with Shortcuts and LaunchCuts
Multi-Window Support on iPadOS